The following institutions provide Insurance products and services in South Sudan.
Jamus International Insurance | National Insurance Corporation Limited | New Sudan Insurance Company Limited | Renaissance Insurance Company South Sudan Ltd | Savannah Insurance Company | Speed Insurance | UAP Insurance Sudan Ltd
Jamus International Insurance
Jamus International Insurance Company-is one of the new insurance companies operating in the republic of South Sudan with headquarters in Juba City.The main office is near Juba Main Market.
Jamus International Insurance Company offers all types of insurance cover.
Merits over other insurance companies:
Corporate Social Responsibility Activity (ies):
Contacts: +211954008119 and +211928035475, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Insurance Corporation Limited
National Insurance Corporation (Southern Sudan) Limited is a subsidiary of Kampala National Insurance Corporation Ltd (NICL), one of the leading providers of insurance and risk management services in Uganda.
Operational for just a year, it offers a wide range of products and services - non-life insurance such as fire insurance, accident insurance, motor commercial and motor private insurance; life and pension:
New Sudan Insurance Company Limited
New Sudan Insurance Company Limited-Is a national insurance company solely based in South Sudan with headquarters in Juba, Nimra Talata Block1 and branches in all the 10 states. It was initiated by the late Dr. John Garang De Mabior, incorporated in 2007 and was fully licensed by the Central Bank of South Sudan in 2008.
• Motor vehicle insurance
• Fire and allied perils insurance
• Personal accident insurance
• Employers liability insurance
• Engineering insurance
• Property insurance
• Goods in transit insurance
• Burglary insurance
• Aviation insurance
• Bonds, marine, and all risk insurances
Merits over other Insurance Companies
• More experienced staff
• Paid capital of USD3mn
• Re-insurers are a triple rated company, Munich Reinsurance in Germany
• Better Information Technology System-web based data system
• Staff regularly trained on new skills
• Physical presence in nearly all ten states.
Contact: Tel: +211955955000, +211957123678 and +211977123678 and Email: email@example.com.
Branches: NS/CO offices can be found in Kaya, Nimule, Nadapal, Kajo-keji, Tsertenya, Bentiu and Bor.
Corporate Social Responsibility activities:
Renaissance Insurance Company South Sudan Ltd
Part of Renaissance Group that was granted its licence to provide insurance and financial services in Southern Sudan in October 2005 but with offices in Nairobi, Kenya and South Africa.
Renaissance currently awaits allocation of land in Juba but have representatives currently stationed at RA International Camp. General Products provided are:
Savannah Insurance Company
Savannah Insurance Company was established in989 in Khartoum and registered in Southern Sudan in 2003 to operate and write all classes of general insurance.
• Property and casualty
• Marine cargo and hull
• Miscellaneous accidents
• Energy insurance
• Fire and burglary
Merits over other insurance companies
• It boasts of a big clientele including the office of the president, south Sudan legislative assembly, UNMISS, American Embassy, Feeder Airlines, Pact Sudan, Plan International among others
• Provides both comprehensive and third party insurance services
• It is physically present in most of the major Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities:
Savanna Insurance Company has built passenger waiting shades in the major spots of Juba City as part of its CSR.
Contacts: Its headquarters is in Juba Town, Custom Duty Road. Tel: +211922444422, +211956666073, +211912433565, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Fax: +211811823829.
Geographical Areas of operations; Main Office Juba Town and other branches are in Yei, Nimule, Malakal, Torit and Wau. It is planning to open branches in other state capitals and appoint an agent in Abyei.
Speed Insurance (SS) Limited Company-a member of Speed Group was incorporated in 2008 as an insurer with headquarters based in Juba, South Sudan. Speed Insurance Limited (SIL) started operations in South Sudan in February 2011.
SIL offers life, non-life and medical insurances. These include:
• Fire and special perils
• Burglary insurance
• Consequential loss
• Machinery breakdown
• Goods in transit
• Fidelity guarantee
• Electronic equipment
• Directors and officers liability
• Personal accidents
• Property terrorism and sabotage
• Public liability
• Medical insurance NB. Other products are also available on customized basis Services of Speed Insurance Company
• Timely claim attendance, payments and compensation.
• Simple, relevant and efficient services to enable good customer care services Merits over other Insurance Companies
• Has an issued capital of SSP 2,000,000 which is times the required capital to start an insurance company
• Boasts of a big clientele including Office of the Presidency, Defense Ministry, ABMC and the Central bank of South Sudan among others. Corporate Social Responsibility Activity (ies)
• Juba Marathon 2012
• Donations to SPLA
Contacts: Head office, CFC Stanbic Bank Building, 1st Floor, Juba town Juba Town, South Sudan, phone: +211955507507, email: email@example.com and website: www.speedgroupss.com
Branches: Juba Traffic Office, Torit, Nimule, Kaya, Rumbek and soon to open in Yambio, Wau and Bor.
UAP Insurance Sudan Ltd
UAP Insurance Sudan Ltd is a subsidiary Company of UAP Holdings Ltd. Itcommencedoperations in Juba South Sudan in July 2006. UAP Holdings also has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and looking to expand to other countries in Africa.
Contacts: UAP Plaza , Hai Cinema (headoffice) , Opposite Al-Sabah Children Hospital, PO Box 201, Juba, South Sudan. Tel +211 959 000000, +211 977 296555, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.uap-group.com Branches: Nimule, Yambio, Wau, Rumbek, Bentiu, Bor, Torit and soon opening in Malakal
General Insurance, Life Assurance and Medical Insurance
Merits over other Insurance Companies
• Strong reinsurance arrangements
• High capitalization
• High credit rating – ability to pay our claim
• Strong regional presence – seamless service across countries
• Highly skilled and motivated manpower
- Annual road safety campaign
- Miss Malaika – Assisting the winner with her community charity activities
- Cleaning the city of Juba