The CES advisors taking oath of office during the swearing ceremony in Juba [©Gurtong/ Juma John]
By Juma John Stephen
JUBA, 9th May 2012 [Gurtong]
Speaking on behalf of the advisors, the Political Advisor, Mr. Jackson Abugo Gama appreciated their appointments by the CES Governor Hon. Clement Wani Konga. Abugo said that they will work for the interest of the state government.“We appreciate the trust the governor has on us and we shall promote the interest of the government of Central Equatoria State,” he said.
“We shall continue together to defend the sovereignty of our state and we will face the challenges ahead of us. We need to promote mutual cooperation and coordination with the governor. We shall commit ourselves to the current challenges,” he added.
The deputy governor, Mr. Manasseh Lomole Waya said the advisors will be advising the entire government not the Governor alone. He called upon the Advisors to indentify issues facing the state citizens and design corresponding projects to be funded.
“As you carry out your duties as advisors you will be able to carefully identify the basic needs of our people and recommend how best we can address the needs of our people. We have needs in education, health, look at them and make recommendations,” Lomole said.
“We need to communicate, cooperate and to work for the unity of the people of Central Equatoria State and the Republic of South Sudan; together we can do great things,” he added.
The sworn state advisors are:
1. Stephen Lemi Lokuron - Special Advisor
2. Jackson Abugo Gama – Political Advisor
3. Angelo Dayu Agor - Economic Advisor
4. Vincent Kujo Lobung -Security Advisor
5. Dr. Felix Ladu - Health Advisor
6. Margaret Apollo Sokiri - Gender Advisor
7. Paterno Legge Omini - Local Government Advisor
8. John Ladu Tombe – Animal Resources Advisor
9. Helen Mursal Boro – Conflict Mitigation Advisor