Division Eight Commander Major General Boutros Bol Bol speaking to the Press after visiting Pibor County. [Gurtong | Jacob Achiek Jok]
By Jacob Achiek Jok
BOR, 28 August 2012 [Gurtong] – A high delegation of government officials accompanied by the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) peace keeping force visited Pibor County after the attacks were reported.
“We visited Nanaam area of Likuangole Payam in which the SPLA contingency force was attacked by Yau Yau. We briefed the county commissioner together with the army commander on the security situation in Pibor,” said Juuk said.
He said that generally the situation is the county is calm except the incident which took place on the 23 of August at Nanaam area.
The governor said SPLA together with government will continue monitoring the situation of Likuangole Payam and the areas of Nanaam where renegade forces are now hiding.
“We will continue monitoring the situation in the area of Likuangole because we hear that there are some Yau Yua forces that are still in Nanaam area and of cause we will not allow them to remain there we must teach them a lesson,” he said.
The state governor said that 17 SPLA soldiers who were missing are presumed dead as they have been missing since the attack happened.
This could increase the number of casualty to 40.
It was confirmed that 24 SPLA soldiers were killed during the attack on Thursday last week.
Division Eight Commander, Major General Boutros Bol Bol encouraged his forces to fight back the forces loyal to Yau Yau because he does not have a military tactic of defeating the well equipped SPLA force.
“He has no military background. He was a civilian and has no military tactic to defeat SPLA,” he said.
Bol Bol said that Yau Yau has no forces and only influenced and promised to buy guns from the Murle youth during the disarmament process.