The Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy Analysis in Africa-CEEPA of the University of Pretoria is pleased to issue a call for applications for the 2014 postgraduate degree training scholarships under its capacity strengthening program for South Sudan “The John Garang Scholarship Program – JGSKOLAR”. Key partners in this initiative include Dr. John Garang Memorial University of Science & Technology, University of Juba, the Inter-ministerial Natural Resources Management Group-NRMG of the Government of South Sudan-GOSS, and other institutions in SS. The JGSKOLAR supports post-graduate degree training scholarships, visiting and exchange scholars' fellowships, and collaboration on various training and research activities.
The first component of the JGSKOLAR supports master degree training in natural resource and environmental economics and policy analysis at CEEPA, University of Pretoria (UP). CEEPA is pleased to call for applications for this component for its third year (2014) admissions. This component sponsors two master degree scholarships every year in this field starting 2011.
The scholarship will cover:
1. Full tuition, registration and medical cover for the study period of two years
2. A bursary stipend of US$ 600 per months
3. Economy class ticket between Juba and Pretoria (return)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 2014 academic year. Applications for enrolment in 2014 should reach respective offices at the UP before September 30, 2013. Eligibility conditions require that applicants for the degree training component should:
a. Be citizens of the Republic of South Sudan
b. Have completed a bachelor degree in economics, agricultural or resource economics or the equivalent from a recognized university
c. Preference will be given to applicants with current affiliation to any GOSS institution
d. Applications from women are particularly encouraged
To have a successful application please ensure the following:
1. Visit the UP website (WWW.UP.AC.ZA) and click on "APPLY FOR ADMISSION"
2. You can apply on line following instructions on the system or can download application forms, complete and send in
3. When you complete application indicate your degree choice to be "MSc in Environmental Economics" and select either: CEEPA, Dept of Agric Econ or Dept of Econ for a department choice
4. Complete and submit your application to the admission office as indicated
5. Sent a separate letter of application for the JGSKOLAR Master Degree in Environmental Economics Scholarship to CEEPA address or email to: Dalene.email@example.com in which you should confirm submission of an application for admission and will be a big plus to submit with that any supporting letters from your institutional affiliation
Successful applicants will be notified by end of October to begin their visa arrangements and travel plans for the following academic year which will commence late January 2013.
Visit our website (WWW.CEEPA.CO.ZA) for information about the many other PhD scholarships; Post-Doctoral, Visiting African and International Scholars' Fellowships; Research Grants and training opportunities CEEPA provides in support of capacity building in this field for Africa at large (since 2001).