Governor Chol Tong Mayay [©File Photo]
By Agoth Abraham, Additional information by Gabriel Mayom
RUMBEK, 03 May 2012 (Gurtong) – State Governor Chol Tong Mayay has relieved Ms. Adak Costa Mapuor as advisor for Gender and Human Rights and Machuor Marial Wuol as advisor for Food Security.
Ms Mapuor has been appointed the new State Minister for Physical Infrastructure to replace Joseph Maker Madit while Wuol has been appointed the State Minister of Labour and Public Service.
In the new cabinet, a new ministry to boost sports in the state has been created.
The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports will be headed by Matur Majok Ajaac.
The State Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs will be headed by Mariam Paul Jebi.
The State Ministry of Social Development will be headed by a non-SPLM member.
Governor Mayay has also relived from duty the Director General of the Ministry of Rural Development Athian Majak Malou.
Mangar Matoc Machar has been appointed the Commissioner of the State headquarters.
The new appointments are:
- Mr Daniel Ayual Makoi, Deputy Governor and Minister of Education, Science and Technology
- Mr Benjimen Mabor, Minister of Local Government and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Mr Pur Cienggan Dakbai, Minister of Finance, Trade and Industry
- Mr Charles Badiri Mayan, Minister of Information and Communication
- Ms. Adak Costa Mapuor , Minister of Physical Infrastructure
- Mr Joseph Maker Madit, Minister of Finance, Trade and Industry
- Mr Macuor Marial Wuol, Minister of Labour and Public Service
- Mr Pur Cienggan Dakbai, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry
- Mr Athian Majak Malou, Minister of Education
- Mr Daniel Gumwel Nhomabur, Minister of Health
- Mr Daniel Chol Koknyin, Minister of Rural Development
- Mr Matur Majok Ajaac, Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport
- Mrs Mariam Paul Jebi, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs