Cooperative Agreement: 650-A-00-09-00003-00
Country: Juba, South Sudan
Source Code/ Origin: 935
Purchasing Agent/ Entity: Winrock International/ BRIDGE Compound Hai Mudoria, next to Juba Modern Basic School, near Logali House Juba, South Sudan
Construction of School Pit Latrines in Gool and Nyiel Abiel/ Twic County/ Warrap State
1. Winrock International/ BRIDGE program is providing support to the education sector in the four states of Unity, NBG, Warrap and Jonglei, as part of this support WI BRIDGE is seeking qualified responsible and specialized contractors to participate in this tender, providing their best and final prices according to the attached Bill of Quantities, Drawings and other terms and conditions mentioned in this invitation and in the attached contract form.
2. Winrock International / BRIDG is therefore invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for: Construction of two (VIP) Ventilated Improved Pit latrines in both locations of Nyeil Abiel School, Gool School/ Twic County / Warrap State.
3. Bidding process is open to all eligible bidders registered in the Republic of South Sudan. This will be conducted through a competitive bidding and tendering process and is open to all firms specializing in building construction works. The Technical Specifications, Scope of Work, BOQ and Drawings for the contract are attached to the Bid Documents, Bidders are highly advised to carefully study all the related documents and visit the sites for assessment of logistic issues before they start bid preparations.
4. All questions regarding the Drawings or the BOQ should be addressed to the Technical POC for the Project, Geremie Hopkins, Senior Construction Engineer Winrock-BRIDGE (firstname.lastname@example.org / Viva 0956884323)
5. A complete set of the tender documents can be obtained from our office in Kuajok/ Warrap State.
6. Filled bids must be delivered to the address below at 7(b) No later than 2:00 PM on December 7, 2012. Late bids shall not be accepted.
Winrock International/ BRIDGE Compound
Hai Mudoria, next to Juba Modern Basic School, near Logali House Juba, South Sudan
Winrock International / BRIDGE Compound
Kuacjok – Near UNIMIS Compound
Warrap State, South Sudan
The bidder shall submit with its bid the following additional documents:
(a) Certificate of Pre Bid attendance.
(b) A copy of the bidder’s trading license or equivalent.
(c) A copy of the Bidder’s Certificate of registration (South Sudan).
(d) A copy of current certified Bidder’s income Tax clearance certificate or equivalent.
(e) Bank Statement for the last six months.
(f) Article/ memorandum of association & company profile.
(g) Completion certificates of similar works (at least 3 reference/ recommendation letters must be submitted.
(h) Work Activity/ time/ Completion Schedule, signed and stamped.
(i) Filled Certificate regarding anti terrorism financing certificate, with full address and contact information clearly mentioned.
A. Evaluation Methodology
1- Eligibility of participating contractors.
Only eligible bidders will be considered for the evaluation, the eligibility of bidders is determined based on submitting the following documents.
a) A copy of the bidder’s trading license of equivalent.
b) A copy of the Bidder’s Certificate of Registration (South Sudan) or equivalent.
c) A copy of the Bidder’s income tax clearance certificate or equivalent.
d) A statement in the Bid Submission Sheet that the Bidder has not conflict of interest.
e) A declaration in the Bid Submission Sheet that the Bidder is not under suspension by the Republic of South Sudan.
f) Filling and submission of the attached certificate against terrorism financing
2- Evaluation Criteria:
Bids will be evaluated as per below criteria:
1- 30% on the reasonable price.
2- 45 % past performance with WI International or through recommendation letters from previous End users.
3- 25 % time of completion.
• Winrock International accepts no responsibility and is under no obligation to reimburse applicants for the costs associated with preparation of their applications.
• Time of completion is very important, contractors should indicate the reasonable time of completion which they should be able to complete the job within, otherwise delay penalties will be strictly implemented and no time extension would be granted unless for reasons beyond the contractor’s control.
• Winrock International reserves the right to award the most qualified contractor regardless of the lowest price submitted.
• The contractor should not use any building materials from the collapsed latrines on site, all building materials including bricks, wood, steel sheets, steel bars should be brand new and as per the approval of Winrock International construction engineers.
• There will be 10% retention from the total contract value for 6 months. The retention will be paid back to the contractor at the end of the defect liability period, and based on an engineering report showing that no defects occurred through this period.
• Winrock International reserves the right to award to more than one bidder or to reject all applicants and cancel the solicitation at any time.