Almost all health facilities are run by non governmental organisations with largest support from UNICEF.
Western Equatoria has 10 counties with 165 Primary Health Care Units and 46 Primary Health Care Centers. The state has two training institutes:
- Maridi Training Institute
- Lui, Mundri East County
Both offer training for Mother Child health care workers, Child Health Workers and Clinical Officers.
Other agencies present in the state:
- International Medical Corps (IMC)
- MSF France International
Facilities available in the state are:
- Yambio Civil Hospital has a laboratory that conducts testing for Tuberculosis (TB), Malaria, Sleep Sickness, HIV/AIDS, Typhoid and Meningitis among others. An x-ray machine is available but there is no qualified technician to operate it.
- Li-rangu Hospital is situated 15 miles from Yambio town but not functional as there is no doctor.
There are five Primary Health Care Centres (PHCC) in Yambio County. (Distances are from Yambio town)
Gangura PHCC – 24 miles
- Makpandu health centre – 28 miles
- Nadiangere health centre – 105 miles – has 15 beds with a maternity facilities and small theatre for minor surgery
- Li-rangu PHCC – 15 miles
- Bazungua PHCC – 4 miles
Yambio town has several drug stores and clinics:
- Daystar Clinic
- Grace and Sons Clinic