The Head Agriculture Unit shall assure that all aspects of the implementation of agricultural programs by GIZ-DETA in Magwi County are prepared, carried out and followed-up properly in close cooperation with the Team Leader GIZ-DETA Magwi.
Within his scope of work of the Unit, the Head shall work independently.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all operations on a
demonstration farm including crop
production and to a certain extent
- Participate in the elaboration of skills
training to FGs and extension
- Plan & implement activities on the
- Supervise forecast, planning and
implementation of crop production
output to match demo farm output
- Engage and supervise seasonal
workers required for various
operations on the farm.
- Efficiently manage all the resources on
- Keep an accurate record of all the
farm assets and ensure they are
secure at all times.
- Institute security measures on the farm
to ensure that crops, animal and other
farm property are not stolen, destroyed
or interfered with in any manner.
- Ensure that the farm boundaries are
intact and are not interfered with in any
- Prevent the occurrence of uncontrolled
- Degree in agriculture/
horticulture or related field
- 5 years of practical
experience in farm
- Well developed conceptual
and communication skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Proven experience in rural
development and capacity
building of advantage
- Experience in project
planning, monitoring and
- Ability to write conceptual
documents, reports and
- Experience to