GURTONG TRUST- PEACE AND MEDIA PROJECT
Gurtong is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, registered and working in Juba to promote peace and respect for our culture through the media. Our organization aims at removing all ethnic, political or personal obstacles on the way to unity, peace and mutual respect among South Sudanese.
We are doing this through our website www.gurtong.net , our monthly publication magazine Gurtong Focus and South Sudan Safari the Gurtong produced radio programs featured on some of the local radio stations. Gurtong is also exploring in a pilot project the possibility of using portable video communication among and between ethnic communities towards peaceful resolution of conflicts. The level of activities of Gurtong has increased and with it comes with a higher demand for accountability and transparency.
To contribute towards this Gurtong is looking for a qualified accountant to fill the position of Finance & Admin Assistant in our Juba office.
Job Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds & performance
Opening Date: 8th May 2012
Closing Date: 20th May 2012
Expected Start Date: 1st June 2012 or earlier
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provide accounting support to Gurtong Juba office programme by posting expenditures and income in the accounting system and ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with Gurtong accounting policies and the donor policies.
- Liaising with our clients and partners to ensure proper circulation of our publications
- Debt Collection and control of funds collected from various income generating sources.
- Send financial accounts including bank & cash reconciliations for the specific accounts being managed by this position.
- Under the supervision of the Finance & Admin Officer, ensure timely preparation and payment of the monthly payroll.
- Process and make payments as provided in the approved budget and ensure that proper authorization is obtained for all disbursements and complete supporting documentation is attached
- Maintain inventory records and coordinate monthly mileage and fuel reports and the motor vehicle repair schedules for the field office.
- Assist the Finance & admin officer in Juba and in her absence perform other related duties and tasks supervised and agreed upon by the supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply send a CV and cover letter with current contacts for three referees not later than 20th May 2012 to:
The Director, Gurtong P.O Box 544, Juba, South Sudan
Email email@example.com . Please quote the job title on the subject line
Drop applications to Gurtong Juba Office, Airport View Business Centre, Along Airport Road, Juba town.
* Only short listed candidates will be contacted.